(6) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes(4) Cell Phone Use(2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL)(1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions(1) Hazard Detection(3) Impaired Driving(2) Inexperience(6) Miles to Go(1) Nighttime Driving(4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers(1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver(2) Seat Belt Use(2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs(9) Teen Driver Background
- Ginsburg KR, et al. Associations Between Parenting Style and Adolescent Driving Safety-related Behaviors and Attitudes. Pediatrics. October 2009.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Research Agenda for an Improved Novice Driver Education Program: Report to Congress. Washington, DC. US Department of Transportation publication HS 808-161. 1994.
- García-España F, et al. Primary Versus Shared Access to Vehicles and Its Association With Risky Teen Driving Behavior and Crashes: A National Perspective. Pediatrics. October 2009.
- Ginsburg KR, et al. Parents Teaching Teens to Drive: The Adolescent Perspective. Research Brief published by The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and State Farm Insurance Companies online at www.teendriversource.org. September 27, 2011.
- Mirman JH, Albert D, Jacobsohn LS, and Winston FK. Factors Associated with Adolescents' Propensity to Drive with Multiple Passengers and to Engage in Risky Driving Behaviors. Journal of Adolescent Health. January 24, 2012 (online).