(6) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes(4) Cell Phone Use(2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL)(1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions(1) Hazard Detection(3) Impaired Driving(2) Inexperience(6) Miles to Go(1) Nighttime Driving(4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers(1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver(2) Seat Belt Use(2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs(9) Teen Driver Background
Cell Phone Use
- 2011 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Mobile Device Use While Driving -- United States and Seven European Countries, 2011. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. March 15, 2013. Accessed at http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6210a1.htm.
- Just MA, Keller TA, Cynkar JA. A Decrease in Brain Activation Associated With Driving When Listening to Someone Speak. Brain Research. 2008; 1205:70-80.
- Redelmeier DA, Tibshirani RJ. Association Between Cellular-Telephone Calls and Motor Vehicle Collisions. The New England Journal of Medicine. February 13, 1997; 336(7).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Distracted Driving in the United States and Europe. June 7, 2012. Accessed at http://www.cdc.gov/Features/dsDistractedDriving/.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Statistics and Facts about Distracted Driving. Washington, DC: US Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 2011.
- Curry AE, Hafetz J, Kallan MJ, Winston FK, Durbin DR. Prevalence of Teen Driver Errors Leading to Serious Motor Vehicle Crashes. Accident Analysis and Prevention. April 2011.
- Carney C, McGehee D, Harland H, Weiss M, and Raby M. Using Naturalistic Driving Data to Assess teh Prevalence of Environment Factors and Driver Behaviors in Teen Driver Crashes. AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. March 2015.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Dept. of Transportation (US). Traffic Safety Facts: Distracted Driving 2012, DOT HS 812 012. April 2014.