(6) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes(4) Cell Phone Use(2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL)(1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions(1) Hazard Detection(3) Impaired Driving(2) Inexperience(6) Miles to Go(1) Nighttime Driving(4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers(1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver(2) Seat Belt Use(2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs(9) Teen Driver Background
Basic Facts About Teen Crashes
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Web-based Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System (WISQARS) [Online]. (2012). National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Dept. of Transportation (US). Traffic Safety Facts 2012: Young Drivers. Washington (DC): NHTSA.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Dept. of Transportation (US). Traffic Safety Facts 2013: Young Drivers. Washington (DC): NHTSA.Available at http://www.nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pub/812101.pdf.
- Curry AE, Hafetz J, Kallan MJ, Winston FK, Durbin DR. Prevalence of Teen Driver Errors Leading to Serious Motor Vehicle Crashes. Accident Analysis and Prevention. April 2011.
- Mayhew DR, Simpson HM, Pak A. Changes in Collision Rates Among Novice Drivers During the First Months of Driving. Accident Analysis and Prevention. September 2003.
- Curry AE, et al. Miles to Go: Establishing Benchmarks for Teen Driver Safety. Published by The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute and State Farm Insurance Companies®. 2011.
- Carney C, McGehee D, Harland H, Weiss M, and Raby M. Using Naturalistic Driving Data to Assess teh Prevalence of Environment Factors and Driver Behaviors in Teen Driver Crashes. AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. March 2015.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Dept. of Transportation (US). Traffic Safety Facts: Distracted Driving 2012, DOT HS 812 012. April 2014.