(6) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes(4) Cell Phone Use(2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL)(1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions(1) Hazard Detection(3) Impaired Driving(2) Inexperience(6) Miles to Go(1) Nighttime Driving(4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers(1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver(2) Seat Belt Use(2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs(9) Teen Driver Background
Basic Facts About Teen Crashes
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Traffic Safety Facts 2008: Young Drivers. Data from the U.S. Department of Transportation. Available at: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811169.PDF. Accessed April 7, 2010.
- Mayhew DR, Simpson HM, Pak A. Changes in Collision Rates Among Novice Drivers During the First Months of Driving. Accident Analysis and Prevention. September 2003.
- Curry AE, Hafetz J, Kallan MJ, Winston FK, Durbin DR. Prevalence of Teen Driver Errors Leading to Serious Motor Vehicle Crashes. Accident Analysis and Prevention. April 2011.
- Curry AE, et al. Miles to Go: Establishing Benchmarks for Teen Driver Safety. Published by The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute and State Farm Insurance Companies®. 2011.
- Winston FK, et al. Eds. Driving Through the Eyes of Teens, A Closer Look. Published by The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and State Farm Insurance Companies®. 2009.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Teens and Distracted Driving, 2010 Data. Available at: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811649.pdf. Accessed December 4, 2012.