Former Research Projects
Develop a Program Theory
To turn research and theory into action, the Young Driver Research team at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute used a Six-Step Approach as a systematic guide to develop a program theory for Ride Like A Friend. Drive Like You Care (RLAF). RLAF is a peer-to-peer campaign teens can use in schools to encourage safe driver and passenger behavior.
The Six-Step Approach was carried out as follows:1. Set a key health outcome (a clear, measurable, long-term vision related to injury reduction)
2. Identified behavioral objectives linked to the key health outcome
3. Determined target constructs and their influence on the behavioral objectives
4. Designed and developed intervention content to address constructs
5. Evaluated effectiveness of interventions
6. Refined interventions and behavior change model (as necessary)
For additional reading on Logic Model Development, visit the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s Logic Model Development Guide.
This research was funded by State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company (State Farm).