Research in Action
- In today's post, we highlight recent CIRP publications since December 2018.
ICYMI March 2019: Unrestrained Child Passengers, Smart Stop Signs, Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, and MoreRead more for our monthly roundup of newsworthy child injury prevention articles.
- Learn about upcoming CIRP presentations at this year's Lifesavers Conference, including using technology to combat distracted driving, why teens drive distracted, and child passenger safety and autonomous vehicles.
A recent study I conducted with colleagues from the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University, Julia M. Baker, MPH and Carolyn Drews-Botsch, PhD, MPH, demonstrates the power of data in Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s electronic health records (EHR) system in helping us continue to examine the rates of driver licensure and risk of crashing among adolescents and young adults with various medical conditions.
ICYMI February 2019: Self-Harm and Violence, Marijuana Impaired Driving, Gun Violence Prevention and MoreRead more for our monthly roundup of newsworthy articles in the area of child injury prevention.
- Read more for our monthly roundup of interesting articles in the world of child injury prevention.
- In this guest post, Divya Jain, one of CIRP’s Bioengineering PhD students, shares her top 5 tips for making the most of scientific conferences.
- Learn about a new five-year study, conducted by CHOP researchers and funded by The National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, to gain a more comprehensive understanding of mobility issues for adolescents on the autism spectrum.
- Learn about a study funded by the National Science Foundation that is developing novel approaches to keep driver attention on the road. .CHOP, Drexel and VTTI researchers are studying driver inattention through machine learning and big data with a grant from the National Science Foundation. Learn about a new study, funded by the National Science Foundation, that is novel approaches to help keep driver attention on the road. exploring driver inattention .
- Read more for tips on helping teens to drive safely in the winter.