(6) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes(4) Cell Phone Use(2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL)(1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions(1) Hazard Detection(3) Impaired Driving(2) Inexperience(6) Miles to Go(1) Nighttime Driving(4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers(1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver(2) Seat Belt Use(2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs(9) Teen Driver Background
Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers
- Winston FK, et al. Risk Factors for Death Among Older Children and Teenage Motor Vehicle Passengers. Archives of Pediatric Medicine. March 2008.
- Steinberg L. Risk-taking in adolescence: What changes, and why? Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2004; 1021:51-58.
- Fatality Analysis Reporting System, National Center for Statistics and Analysis, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Weiss JC, O'Neil J, Shope JT, and O'Connor KG. Pediatrician Knowledge, Attitudes, and Counseling Patterns on Teen Driving. Injury Prevention. June 2011.
- Curry AE, Mirman JH, Kallan MJ, Winston FK, and Durbin DR. Peer Passengers: How Do They Affect Teen Crashes? Journal of Adolescent Health. January 24, 2012 (online).