(6) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes(4) Cell Phone Use(2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL)(1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions(1) Hazard Detection(3) Impaired Driving(2) Inexperience(6) Miles to Go(1) Nighttime Driving(4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers(1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver(2) Seat Belt Use(2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs(9) Teen Driver Background
Seat Belt Use
- 2011 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/yrbs/index.htm.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Teen Drivers: Fact Sheet. 2009. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/MotorVehicleSafety/Teen_Drivers/teendrivers_factsheet.html. Accessed April 7, 2010.
- Garcia-Espana JF. Safety Belt Laws and Disparities in Safety Belt Use Among US High School Drivers. American Journal of Public Health. April 19, 2012 (online).
- Barg FK, et al. Teen Perceptions of Good Drivers and Safe Drivers: Implications for Reaching Adolescents. Injury Prevention. February 10, 2009.
- Winston FK, et al. Eds. Driving: Through the Eyes of Teens. Published by The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and State Farm Insurance Companies®. 2007.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Youth Online: Comprehensive Results 2009. Accessed April 7, 2010.
- Hanna C. Children's Safety Network. Increasing Seat Belt Use Among Teens: A Summary of Research, Resources, and Programs. April 2007.