(6) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes(4) Cell Phone Use(2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL)(1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions(1) Hazard Detection(3) Impaired Driving(2) Inexperience(6) Miles to Go(1) Nighttime Driving(4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers(1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver(2) Seat Belt Use(2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs(9) Teen Driver Background
Miles to Go
- From 2005 to 2011, deaths in crashes with teens behind the wheel declined 47 percent.
- 263 fewer people died in 2011 as compared to 2010, an 8 percent reduction in teen-driver related crashes.
- 1,208 fewer people died in teen driver crashes in 2011 than in 2008.
- 30 percent less teen passengers died in crashes with teens behind the wheel in 2011 than in 2008.
Source: Fatality Analysis Reporting System, National Center for Statistics and Analysis, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.