(5) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes (4) Cell Phone Use (2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) (1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions (1) Hazard Detection (3) Impaired Driving (2) Inexperience (6) Miles to Go (1) Nighttime Driving (4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers (1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver (2) Seat Belt Use (2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs (9) Teen Driver Background
Seat Belt Use
- 2011 Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Available at: www.cdc.gov/healthyyouth/yrbs/index.htm.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Teen Drivers: Fact Sheet. 2009. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/MotorVehicleSafety/Teen_Drivers/teendrivers_factsheet.html. Accessed April 7, 2010.
- Garcia-Espana JF. Safety Belt Laws and Disparities in Safety Belt Use Among US High School Drivers. American Journal of Public Health. April 19, 2012 (online).
- Barg FK, et al. Teen Perceptions of Good Drivers and Safe Drivers: Implications for Reaching Adolescents. Injury Prevention. February 10, 2009.
- Winston FK, et al. Eds. Driving: Through the Eyes of Teens. Published by The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and State Farm Insurance Companies®. 2007.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Youth Online: Comprehensive Results 2009. Accessed April 7, 2010.
- Hanna C. Children's Safety Network. Increasing Seat Belt Use Among Teens: A Summary of Research, Resources, and Programs. April 2007.