(6) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes (4) Cell Phone Use (2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) (1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions (1) Hazard Detection (3) Impaired Driving (2) Inexperience (6) Miles to Go (1) Nighttime Driving (4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers (1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver (2) Seat Belt Use (2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs (8) Teen Driver Background
Miles to Go
- From 2005 to 2011, deaths in crashes with teens behind the wheel declined 47 percent.
- 263 fewer people died in 2011 as compared to 2010, an 8 percent reduction in teen-driver related crashes.
- 1,208 fewer people died in teen driver crashes in 2011 than in 2008.
- 30 percent less teen passengers died in crashes with teens behind the wheel in 2011 than in 2008.
Source: Fatality Analysis Reporting System, National Center for Statistics and Analysis, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.