(5) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes (4) Cell Phone Use (2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) (1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions (1) Hazard Detection (3) Impaired Driving (2) Inexperience (6) Miles to Go (1) Nighttime Driving (4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers (1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver (2) Seat Belt Use (2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs (9) Teen Driver Background
Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers
- Winston FK, et al. Risk Factors for Death Among Older Children and Teenage Motor Vehicle Passengers. Archives of Pediatric Medicine. March 2008.
- Steinberg L. Risk-taking in adolescence: What changes, and why? Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 2004; 1021:51-58.
- Fatality Analysis Reporting System, National Center for Statistics and Analysis, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Weiss JC, O'Neil J, Shope JT, and O'Connor KG. Pediatrician Knowledge, Attitudes, and Counseling Patterns on Teen Driving. Injury Prevention. June 2011.
- Curry AE, Mirman JH, Kallan MJ, Winston FK, and Durbin DR. Peer Passengers: How Do They Affect Teen Crashes? Journal of Adolescent Health. January 24, 2012 (online).