(5) Basic Facts About Teen Crashes (4) Cell Phone Use (2) Comprehensive Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) (1) Drowsy Driving/Fatigue (1) Emotions (1) Hazard Detection (3) Impaired Driving (2) Inexperience (6) Miles to Go (1) Nighttime Driving (4) Other Risk Factors (4) Parental Involvement (4) Passengers as Deadly Distractions - Peers and Older Teen Passengers (1) Risk to Child Passengers From Teen Driver (2) Seat Belt Use (2) Speeding (1) Teens With Special Needs (9) Teen Driver Background
Basic Facts About Teen Crashes
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Traffic Safety Facts 2008: Young Drivers. Data from the U.S. Department of Transportation. Available at: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811169.PDF. Accessed April 7, 2010.
- Mayhew DR, Simpson HM, Pak A. Changes in Collision Rates Among Novice Drivers During the First Months of Driving. Accident Analysis and Prevention. September 2003.
- Curry AE, Hafetz J, Kallan MJ, Winston FK, Durbin DR. Prevalence of Teen Driver Errors Leading to Serious Motor Vehicle Crashes. Accident Analysis and Prevention. April 2011.
- Curry AE, et al. Miles to Go: Establishing Benchmarks for Teen Driver Safety. Published by The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Research Institute and State Farm Insurance Companies®. 2011.
- Winston FK, et al. Eds. Driving Through the Eyes of Teens, A Closer Look. Published by The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and State Farm Insurance Companies®. 2009.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Teens and Distracted Driving, 2010 Data. Available at: http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/811649.pdf. Accessed December 4, 2012.